Young
Danjuma
Harrison
Dobbin

Dele
Dele
Gary1878

Re: End of Season Ratings

Pretty much agree with all of your choices @Shogun .

Upgraded Harrison and McNeil, but agree with all of those. Tempted to upgrade Myko as well, but a couple of spells on the sidelines keeps him in the "very good" category.

Player of the Season for me is Pickford. Just outstanding and rarely puts a foot wrong.

Young Player of the Season - only one candidate in Jarrad.

Player of the Season Candidates
Pickford
Tarkowski
Branthwaite

Very Good
Mykolenko
Gueye

Solid
Virginia
Onana
Doucoure
Garner
McNeil

Mixed Bag
Keane
Godfrey
Coleman
Gomes
DCL
Beto
Chermiti
Harrison

Mostly Rubbish and/or Pointless
Patterson
Young
Danjuma
Dobbin

Dele
Dele
777Kidnappings

Pickford is player of the year

Then I think it's the 2 centre halves gueye and mykolenko.

People are being really harsh with Harrison and young. No way should they be in the bottom group. There's an odd mix in the mixed bag group of shite and players who made a genuine contribution.

Also why is virgina in that group. He only played a couple of cup games

I think the truth is we had genuine contributions from almost all that played matches. I don't think anyone who played regularly really let us down much. The 2 back up strikers struggled a bit. Think after that our problems were more about balance than individuals.

Was disappointed with Patterson danjuma and dobbin and gomes was shite as normal. Oh and Ali was of course Deli Ali
cassius

The game is too quick for Young now, he's not a bad player, but he was targeted a lot and he's lacking pace and speed of thought in some situations that exposed him.

As a squad player he's fine, in a Seamus role, but not someone who should be playing into double figures.

Also in an era of incredible profligacy and a sea of absolute shit signings, Dele has to go down as the worst.
777Kidnappings

cassius wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:29 pm The game is too quick for Young now, he's not a bad player, but he was targeted a lot and he's lacking pace and speed of thought in some situations that exposed him.

As a squad player he's fine, in a Seamus role, but not someone who should be playing into double figures.

Also in an era of incredible profligacy and a sea of absolute shit signings, Dele has to go down as the worst.

Frighteningly I don't think Ali is the worst. Tosun maybe??
Silas

Yeah obvious player of the season would be Pickford with Tarkowski a mention and Branthwaite and Mykolenko not far behind.

Young hasn't been as bad as I feared tbh. He shouldn't be starting but we've had much worse players start for us.
Shogun

I think Young has probably cost us more goals/points than any other player in the squad this season.

I've probably been harsh on Harrison but he's just the least frightening winger in the league. You'd be made up if you were LB against him.
Silas

Shogun wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:15 pm I think Young has probably cost us more goals/points than any other player in the squad this season.

I've probably been harsh on Harrison but he's just the least frightening winger in the league. You'd be made up if you were LB against him.
He shouldn't be starting if he was the squad player he should be it would be fine. He's started far too many games. The signing on its own wasn't a huge problem. Dyches overuse use of him is. He should be a third choice in whatever position he's used and should never start over Mykolenko Patterson or any fucker in midfield. Every manager has a player blindspot though.

To be fair though this is a squad devoid of quality so it's not impossible to see how Young gets a game
howard1334

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 10:53 am Pickford is player of the year

Then I think it's the 2 centre halves gueye and mykolenko.

People are being really harsh with Harrison and young. No way should they be in the bottom group. There's an odd mix in the mixed bag group of shite and players who made a genuine contribution.

Also why is virgina in that group. He only played a couple of cup games

I think the truth is we had genuine contributions from almost all that played matches. I don't think anyone who played regularly really let us down much. The 2 back up strikers struggled a bit. Think after that our problems were more about balance than individuals.

Was disappointed with Patterson danjuma and dobbin and gomes was shite as normal. Oh and Ali was of course Deli Ali
I truly cannot fathom your defense of Young here. Like we must have been watching entirely different matches. He was shit generally and directly responsible for more goals and penalties than anyone else in the squad. Even his underlying statistics are some of the worst i've ever seen.
https://fbref.com/en/players/be927d03/Ashley-Young
777Kidnappings

howard1334 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 2:34 pm I truly cannot fathom your defense of Young here. Like we must have been watching entirely different matches. He was shit generally and directly responsible for more goals and penalties than anyone else in the squad. Even his underlying statistics are some of the worst i've ever seen.
https://fbref.com/en/players/be927d03/Ashley-Young

Not saying he's great or anything. He is a 38 year old we signed on a free. He's been part of a very good defence this season.

I'm not really saying much past we got what we paid for. That's a nice change for us.
Cantoffee

Harrison would look more competent in attack with a RB who could play football overlapping him. It's so easy to double up on him when you have Godfrey or Young behind him because one can't play football and the other doesn't have the legs.
Gary1878

Ashley Young is a bit of a strange anomaly that comes around every so often.

Usually, there is a positive correlation between the amount of minutes you play and your ability to perform in that position.

With Young, it has been a mixture of the manager trusting him, injuries in the squad and a lack of suitable personnel to replace him.

The amount of game time he received this season does not automatically mean he was a good player for us. He made a lot of errors last year and his legs have given up trying to do anything that involves speed.

With all of this said, you cannot fault his attitude and application. For a 38 year old to be still competing and playing at the highest level takes dedication and commitment to yourself. He is in great shape and I have absolutely nothing against Ashley Young. It's just where the club is at right now.
howard1334

Cantoffee wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 3:26 pm Harrison would look more competent in attack with a RB who could play football overlapping him. It's so easy to double up on him when you have Godfrey or Young behind him because one can't play football and the other doesn't have the legs.
I dont think it is a coincidence that his form dropped off after Patterson was benched.
cassius

777Kidnappings wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 1:46 pm Frighteningly I don't think Ali is the worst. Tosun maybe??
I'd love to know who cost us more out of Dele and Tosun? Probably about evens?

A top 10 of our shit signings under Moshiri would be grim reading.

Gbamin
Sandro
Tosun
Schniederlin
Cuco Martina
Klaassen
Josh King
Dele
Rondon
Delph
El Ghazi
Van De Beek

Some are loans actually, and Delph wasn't that bad? And I'm sorry, I think I'm derailing this thread.
Bluebridge

I’d love/dread to see a full list of signings of the Moshiri era.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic