Derby in the last week of the season?

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Shogun

Derby in the last week of the season?

Looks like there could only be two midweeks available for two rearranged matches if Liverpool make the SF of the FA Cup and Europa League.

23/24 April
14/15 May

I guess should Liverpool already be in London for the SF on 20th April then they could move Fulham v Liverpool to 23/24 April but surely as the first match postponed, then we would get priority? Although maybe they'll just put ours the last week so that it's set in stone and causes less disruption as the PL won't know until 3 weeks after they beat Southampton whether or not Liverpool will win their QF and make the SF forcing their Fulham match to get moved.

I couldn't be arsed with this lot in midweek and then Arsenal away to end the season.
Midweek congestion after the current Merseyside derby date

Scheduled derby date: Sunday, March 17

Midweek 1: International break

Midweek 2: International break

Midweek 3: (Weds, April 3) Liverpool v Sheffield United; Newcastle v Everton

Midweek 4: (Thurs, April 11) Europa League QF, first leg

Midweek 5: (Thurs, April 18) Europa League QF, second leg

Midweek 6: Potential free date for derby (or Fulham v Liverpool should Liverpool reach FA Cup SF)

Midweek 7: (Thurs, May 2) Europa League SF, first leg

Midweek 8: (Thurs, May 9) Europa League SF, second leg

Midweek 9: Potential free date

End of Season: May 19
TheRam

Re: Derby in the last week of the season?

Thanks for this.
Evertonian in NC

Add another log to the nightmare fuel, ugh.
Toshyboy

Staying up really depends on us getting points back doesn’t it
Gash

Sorry, it's maybe too early in the morning for me, why would the derby on March 17th be moved? The tickets go on sale on Monday.
weimaranerblues

Gash wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:59 am Sorry, it's maybe too early in the morning for me, why would the derby on March 17th be moved? The tickets go on sale on Monday.
Quarter-final - Saturday 16 March 2024
Escla

Toshyboy wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:40 am Staying up really depends on us getting points back doesn’t it
Yep, but we may get some back then get docked the same amount for the second offense.
Gash

weimaranerblues wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:35 am Quarter-final - Saturday 16 March 2024
Ah right, bit of a farce that, buy tickets for the game thinking it's a Sunday then it could get moved to midweek a month later.
Gash

Evertonian in NC wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 2:29 am Add another log to the nightmare fuel, ugh.
Good to see you found us. We're slowly getting the old band back together. :)
Evertonian in NC

Thanks. I suppose there are worse Hells than talking to oneself everyday about the Blues. But maybe not so many,
weimaranerblues

Should never have been given that date to begin with, can't remember, when was the last Derby re-arranged , Paul Wilkinson (Thursday) .23 rd May 1985

Rambling on , oh Brighton slicing Utd apart here
Escla

Was just about to book a train ticket yesterday before they got too expensive, then I read this ! Could have been very costly !
Shogun

Escla wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:10 pm Was just about to book a train ticket yesterday before they got too expensive, then I read this ! Could have been very costly !
You never know, maybe Southampton beat Liverpool in the cup at Anfield and it doesn't get moved :shock:
Escla

Shogun wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2024 3:13 pm You never know, maybe Southampton beat Liverpool in the cup at Anfield and it doesn't get moved :shock:
Not sure that’s a risk I would take 🥴
74Blue

Look on the bright side. We could be the ones to spoil Turkey Teeth's leaving party
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic