Jarrad Branthwaite

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
eyesalwaysblue

Re: Jarrad Branthwaite

There was certainly something to hate when they were bailed out by Barclays to avoid them going into admin.
Escla

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:44 pm You do seem to pick on Lizz a lot, when I (and maybe others) was using the word ''hatred''. What's that all about? Could you just give that question a direct, clear response please?

Also on the point re: hatred, we're obviously only talking about it in a football sense, not a real world sense. That's a given really, and doesn't usually need explaining.
Appreciate your “mediation” I think you have said before that your impression was that I seem to pick on Lizz a lot and tbh I have always perceived it to be the opposite for some reason and that I have liked more than I have disagreed with Lizz but whenever someone has legitimately disagreed with a post that I may have made Lizz 100% would like that post.
I recognise the the word hate was used by brap a bit earlier but with not quite the same level ove vitriol as was expressed in Lizz post and that you questioned whether or not you would have the energy to drum up such hatred, slightly different.
Again, thanks for the invitation to express my opinion rather than diving in but I just wish this could just go away now because seriously there is so much shit going on in the world that I feel guilty having to try to justify my position because of something so futile as football rivalry.
TheRam

Escla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:04 pm Appreciate your “mediation” I think you have said before that your impression was that I seem to pick on Lizz a lot and tbh I have always perceived it to be the opposite for some reason and that I have liked more than I have disagreed with Lizz but whenever someone has legitimately disagreed with a post that I may have made Lizz 100% would like that post.
I recognise the the word hate was used by brap a bit earlier but with not quite the same level ove vitriol as was expressed in Lizz post and that you questioned whether or not you would have the energy to drum up such hatred, slightly different.
Again, thanks for the invitation to express my opinion rather than diving in but I just wish this could just go away now because seriously there is so much shit going on in the world that I feel guilty having to try to justify my position because of something so futile as football rivalry.
I think your time on here would be a lot easier if you wasn’t kicking off over the littlest thing all the time mate.
Escla

TheRam wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:16 pm I think your time on here would be a lot easier if you wasn’t kicking off over the littlest thing all the time mate.
Might take a sabbatical Ram.
Gash

It's not airport, you don't need to announce your departure. :)
Jamokachi

So, Big Jarrad then, eh... 👀
sam of the south

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 9:44 pm You do seem to pick on Lizz a lot, when I (and maybe others) was using the word ''hatred''. What's that all about? Could you just give that question a direct, clear response please?

Also on the point re: hatred, we're obviously only talking about it in a football sense, not a real world sense. That's a given really, and doesn't usually need explaining.
I am talking about it in a real world sense.

Those culty cunts can get in the fucking sea.
sam of the south

Gash wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:31 pm It's not airport, you don't need to announce your departure. :)

“Are you the fat one off the Airport?”
MIG

Escla wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 10:24 pm Might take a sabbatical Ram.
This would be the highlight of this season.
Bluebridge

I’d just like to point out that I hate them and always will, I’d love to see them relegated. Football rivalry isn’t futile.

Anyway, Jarrad………….
Shogun

Sickening how good he is
Cozzie

Gotta fetch a record fee surely.
Trowel

https://theanalyst.com/eu/2024/02/monst ... d-for-top/
It’s rare for a player as young as Branthwaite to be this established so young. Still aged just 21, he is one of only three players aged 21 or under to play over 2,000 minutes this Premier League campaign, and only one of two outfielders.

Overall in 2023-24, Branthwaite has won 68.7% of his duels (both aerial and ground) in the Premier League. Just three other centre-backs can better that, and while his aerial win rate of 67.4% is slightly lower, it still ranks him inside the 88th percentile among all centre-halves in Europe’s top five leagues.

Now, playing in a side that doesn’t see a lot of the ball – Everton’s average possession of 38.5% is the second lowest in the division – means Branthwaite and his teammates are always going to rank highly for aggregated defensive metrics such as duels, tackles and blocks, but that doesn’t mean they don’t need doing. Branthwaite is one of only three Premier League players this season to have won 50+ aerial duels (60), make 25+ interceptions (40), complete 25+ tackles (25), and make 20+ blocks (21), along with Tarkowski and Bournemouth’s Illia Zabarnyi.

Although he’s a pivotal part of Everton’s low block, Branthwaite has certainly showcased an ability to play as a front-foot defender and he possesses the recovery pace to play in a team that deploys a far higher defensive line.

He reads the game excellently and is adept at stepping in front of his marker to make timely challenges, and his 1.7 interceptions per 90 is the fourth highest in the league among centre-backs.
Toffee1

Shogun

Good for him. Sure the big 6 lads will be in his ear.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic