Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
777Kidnappings

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

brap2 wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 7:00 pm Close enough but yeah that's right
Very true. Do dyche. What would people say if his team had won 60 points
Goaljira

What would people be saying if the Spurs goal hadn't been given to Harrison?
brap2

Don't think that would be enough.

But if Harrison one goes jn, Martinez doesn't make a good stop, and then maybe one more goes in...yeah I think the narrative is *radically* different.
Gash

Goaljira wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 9:35 pm What would people be saying if the Spurs goal hadn't been given to Harrison?
Same as the comment earlier saying if he'd scored 6-7 we wouldn't be talking about it, it was given to Harrison so it's irrelevant. But it would still only be 1 in 18 so not really making a difference. We'll never know if it would have changed things and he'd go on a run but it looks unlikely.

Strange that style of play etc is being blamed when all the stats seem to show we create chances, 10th in big chances created according the PL website. Doucoure and McNeil weren't known as goal scorers yet when Dyche arrived McNeil started scoring, so did Doucoure when he was brought back in, probably had his best goals to games ratio in a season, McNeil had his best goals and assists in a season. McNeil's been off the boil this season understandably but Doucoure's on for 10 goals in a season for the first time although he's probably playing more advanced than he used to.

I'd be surprised if there isn't anyone rooting for him, it benefits us massively if he can find some form but it feels like some people are getting a bit desperate trying to defend him. I reckon he could set fire to Goodison, burn it to the ground and some of you would blame the person who supplied the lighter and the petrol.
brap2

I'm saying a small difference would make a radical change in perception and people are calling me an arson apologist. What was it you were saying about having discussion without absurd polarisation? Nevermind nevermind
Frevski

I'm guessing he is leaving us on a free at the end of the contract

His disconnect/grief from the fans, issues with service hampering his goals etc
Gash

brap2 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:38 am I'm saying a small difference would make a radical change in perception and people are calling me an arson apologist. What was it you were saying about having discussion without absurd polarisation? Nevermind nevermind
Well clearly it's a bit of a tongue in cheek comment and an exaggeration to highlight the lengths people are going to to defend him. It's all "what ifs" that your basing your argument on though, he doesn't have 6-7 goals this season, he didn't get the Harrison goal, Martinez did save his shot etc. It is what it is, he's no goals in 19 since October, we're creating good chances, he's missed good chances. Of course the narrative would be different if he had more goals but he doesn't, that's the problem and throwing in ifs, but and maybes isn't going to change that. Hopefully he puts a stoppage time winner off his arse today and he goes on a run because we really need him to start scoring goals.
Kerryblueboy

It’s coming every other part of his play is great just needs one to go in penalty coming today for him
Bluebridge

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 am It’s coming every other part of his play is great just needs one to go in penalty coming today for him
To be honest I don’t think I’d have him on pens, if a forward already low on confidence misses,that’ll damage it even more.
Free Agent

Kerryblueboy wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 10:23 am It’s coming every other part of his play is great just needs one to go in penalty coming today for him

Everton. Penalty?
We’ll maybe get one on the last day of the season when it doesn’t matter or maybe in a game when its the 99th minute with us already 3-0 down or something.
brap2

Quality isn't he.

Wonder how much we get for him since he's turned it on last few weeks he looks a really good player.

Will solve some lucky teams problems next season.
Bob Sacamano

Wonderful footballer.
Cozzie

Baller.
AjaxAndy

Playing really well, I wonder if the fact we're safe has relieved some of the worry for him of what happens if he picks up an injury... Seems less like he's playing within himself and is more free as a result.
superpull

He really needs to have somebody in the side doing all the work for him that he's doing now for other people.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic