Today's Football 2023-24

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Goaljira

Re: Today's Football 2023-24

I really want City and Spurs to draw just to make next weekend interesting.
Cozzie

Glad about that.

At least it goes to the final day.
Shogun

We will likely lose with ease and I doubt Man City will screw up but would be funny if we stopped Arsenal winning the league.

Although it it's a draw between Man City/Spurs then it's a case of Man City needing to beat West Ham by 3 goals more than Arsenal beat us.
Goaljira

Shogun wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:34 pm.
Although it it's a draw between Man City/Spurs then it's a case of Man City needing to beat West Ham by 3 goals more than Arsenal beat us.
That's what I want. A football version of The Chase.
weimaranerblues

Goaljira wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:40 pm That's what I want. A football version of The Chase.
Yeah as long as wee don't get hammered. Both teams capable of putting 6 past the opposition. 2-0 Arsenal, City 6-0 , 2 injury time goals.

Similar to the England woman's team failing on GD
Audrey Horne

Why do you all want city to win it?
Shogun

Arsenal fans, online at least, are monumental bellends.

City have won it so much that it doesn't really have any impact if they win it.
CannockPricey

Shogun wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 4:50 pm Nice of Garnacho to score a worldy against us and then smash every other speculative effort 30 yards wide this season.
This is so true. He scored one of the best goals I've ever seen against us and hasn't threatened to do anything remotely close to it since.
Goaljira

Audrey Horne wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:13 pm Why do you all want city to win it?
I don't, I just want a bit of last day drama.
Cereal Killer

Goaljira wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:29 pm I really want City and Spurs to draw just to make next weekend interesting.
Arsenal 6 Everton 0
Man City 9 West Ham 0
777Kidnappings

Audrey Horne wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 6:13 pm Why do you all want city to win it?
All the other elite clubs who were happy to dominate football with their finances are crying about sporting fairness and not being able to compete

Plus city winning is becoming a bit of a bad look for the premier league. Hope city win everything forever
TheRam

Can’t say I’m bothered either way but I have absolutely no time for Man City and don’t recognise any of their achievements.

Having watched a lot of arsenal I think there’s more a moyes influence on Arteta than a pep one so that makes me root for them a bit more.

Plus I know an arsenal fan so would be nice for him to see them win it.

I know a few city fans and they don’t really care anymore. I think they would all prefer to go back to the days before the takeover. It’s just a day out on the ale with their mates for a lot of them.
4evablu

TheRam wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 9:08 am Can’t say I’m bothered either way but I have absolutely no time for Man City and don’t recognise any of their achievements.

Having watched a lot of arsenal I think there’s more a moyes influence on Arteta than a pep one so that makes me root for them a bit more.

Plus I know an arsenal fan so would be nice for him to see them win it.

I know a few city fans and they don’t really care anymore. I think they would all prefer to go back to the days before the takeover. It’s just a day out on the ale with their mates for a lot of them.
HAHA love that statement..how dya work that one out ?
WBFBTPL
TheRam

4evablu wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 10:53 am HAHA love that statement..how dya work that one out ?
How rigid and structure they are on and off the ball.

How they defend.

The combinations between full backs and midfielders. The use of two defensive midfielders.

How Rice makes late runs from deep and has turned into a player who can score a decent amount of goals.

The fact Steve round is there. The moyes influence is clear.

Your scouting reports tell you different?
TheRam

The amount of goals they score from set pieces and crosses is another one.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic