Amadou Onana

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
wepull

Re: Amadou Onana

Can easily see him replacing someone like Casemiro or Amrabat at United. He has a lot of work to do at Everton which isn't his strong suit, he'll be far suited in teams which tend to dominate teams and he can just recycle the ball and give it over to more creative players and not to Doucs/Garner/ Harrison/Gueye
superpull

Ahead of playing for his country at Euro 2024, Onana has dropped a hint on his future, indicating the next steps in his career. Speaking to to Het Laatse Nieuws he said:
In previous tournaments you have seen that the players who did well take the step higher to the top clubs. That's something I'm striving for. I feel like showing myself at the European summit. This European Championship is the stage
Gary1878

superpull wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:54 pm Ahead of playing for his country at Euro 2024, Onana has dropped a hint on his future, indicating the next steps in his career. Speaking to to Het Laatse Nieuws he said:
Good for him, let’s hope he does.
Shogun

superpull wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 1:54 pm Ahead of playing for his country at Euro 2024, Onana has dropped a hint on his future, indicating the next steps in his career. Speaking to to Het Laatse Nieuws he said:
Belgians can't help themselves
777Kidnappings

Saw a stat the other day saying we'd lost only 2 or 3 of the games he didn't feature.
Cods

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:52 pm Saw a stat the other day saying we'd lost only 2 or 3 of the games he didn't feature.
Not to beat him up, but for balance, of the 13 league games we won, he played less than 50% of the total minutes (not his fault if he's left out or injured of course) and contributed one goal and no assists.

I thought he was outstanding against Arsenal though, as most of the team were, one of his best games for us, but didn't seem to attract much credit.
brap2

777Kidnappings wrote: Thu May 30, 2024 6:52 pm Saw a stat the other day saying we'd lost only 2 or 3 of the games he didn't feature.
Anything on his keepie uppies
777Kidnappings

brap2 wrote: Fri May 31, 2024 7:50 am Anything on his keepie uppies
PB of 76 apparently. Or in layman's terms 12.333333 lukakus
Cozzie

Shogun

Good luck to him, hopefully means there's a slim chance we can keep JB.
kramer

Makes a lot of sense to sell. This sort of player trading is exactly the way we’re going to raise money for future purchases.

It stinks to part ways with our most talented players but such is the life of a club that’s midtable and in financial trouble.
Bluedylan1

Dyche wasn't into him anyway, so it's not as big a loss to the team as his talent suggests it should be.
kramer

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:15 pm Dyche wasn't into him anyway, so it's not as big a loss to the team as his talent suggests it should be.
Agreed.

I just hope that we invest the revenue in another player who will increase in value over a couple of seasons.

I know it’s a newer regime but I still don’t trust Everton to do player trading properly.
Bluedylan1

kramer wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:25 pm Agreed.

I just hope that we invest the revenue in another player who will increase in value over a couple of seasons.

I know it’s a newer regime but I still don’t trust Everton to do player trading properly.
Can I interest you in a Joshua Brownhill?
kramer

Bluedylan1 wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2024 10:26 pm Can I interest you in a Joshua Brownhill?
On a reasonable wage, free or low-fee deal à la Tarkowski? Yes, I see how that might be useful.

For any meaningful fee? No.

All of that with the caveat that we need to add another player to the squad somewhere that will appreciate in value like Onana has, like a winger or fullback or centre forward.
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic