Manager Merry-Go-Round

Chat about football that isn't Everton in here
Shogun

Re: Manager Merry-Go-Round

Did alright in a fire-fighting role at Derby. DC United was a weird move. Birmingham was just stupid all round.

Don't have high hopes for Rooney's managerial career but at least he's given himself a proper chance with Plymouth.
AjaxAndy

Silas wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 12:44 pm Football management is just one big old game of who is the biggest blagger isn't it? I'm going to start throwing around my credentials. Multiple league wins on Champ manager and Champ Manager Italia, winner of the league with Everton on Ultimate Soccer Manager and helped then transfer into a new stadium, won the league with Notts forest on football masters and took Woking to the perm in football Manager.

There's only me and Ancelotti comparable
Anu chance you can bring me in as DOF? I discovered Jaap Staam long before he signed for Man UTD, also gave Cole Palmer his chance a couple of seasons before Chelsea signed him when I took Bolton from League One to the Premier League.

I've a long track record of signing eastern European midfielders for sub £1m who go on to be world beaters too.
Silas

Shogun wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 1:44 pm Did alright in a fire-fighting role at Derby. DC United was a weird move. Birmingham was just stupid all round.

Don't have high hopes for Rooney's managerial career but at least he's given himself a proper chance with Plymouth.
He seems to want it more than most ex players cant help but hope he does well
Toffee1

Shogun

Think this is @Bluedylan1 darkest timeline since the title win, although there is a chance he knocks out ADL.

(I still rate Conte)
Toffee1

Shogun

Wild football club

Cereal Killer

Burnley fans laughing at getting £10m+ for Kompany, going to be in for a treat with Super Frank one of the favourites to replace him
777Kidnappings

Cereal Killer wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 1:03 am Burnley fans laughing at getting £10m+ for Kompany, going to be in for a treat with Super Frank one of the favourites to replace him
Would love it to happen but I'm not sure they are quite that stupid.
Toffee1

Shogun

WIld how these managers that have done nothing great are getting top jobs.

Potter for Leicester seems like a fit.
777Kidnappings

Shogun wrote: Mon May 27, 2024 12:02 pm WIld how these managers that have done nothing great are getting top jobs.

Potter for Leicester seems like a fit.
Philosophy over performance
Gash

Frying pan to the fire with that one. Leicester will probably have little to spend and a points deduction to Chelsea who'll probably buy another 40 players, sell themselves some more hotels and sack him by Christmas.
Free Agent

They should just pay him in hotels - save them the trouble with agent fees and stamp duty
Toffee1

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic