Dominic Calvert-Lewin

This is the new NSNO Everton forum to discuss the Mighty Blues
Cantoffee

Re: Dominic Calvert-Lewin

Great performance. Created two huge chances and just a great focal point with link up play. Coming short, running in behind.

Just needed a goal but still a great all around performance. Could be one we get a good offer for in the summer and with his contract running down I'd assume we'd accept.

Would be a shame to see him go after he's finally looking back to his best though. Also, a genuinely nice person!
TheRam

Shout for the euros.

Would trust him more than Watkins and Toney at international level.
Cozzie

I'd agree but he's not done anywhere near enough for me.

You can't go 21 games without a goal and make it into the squad.
AjaxAndy

TheRam wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 5:40 pm Shout for the euros.

Would trust him more than Watkins and Toney at international level.
Nope, not for me... I absolutely love DCL but I'd have both of those + Wilson ahead of him for England.

If DCL can find the fitness and form he showed under Ancelotti then he'd be very very much in that conversation, but he's nowhere near the England squad and rightly so.
TheRam

Fair fair.

Just think he’s had good periods of fitness and is now showing really good form.

He’s more suited to international football than the people going ahead of him, but probably hasn’t done enough overall that’s a fair point
Shogun

To be fair he's had a better season than Toney who has been surprisingly rubbish since coming back
Kerryblueboy

He is top level when fit and getting good service needs a creative 10/winger to provide
AllyBlue14

Agree about Watkins, it's crazy there's even a debate on him going or not. Wilson is good but his injury record seems quite poor, so not sure how much football he's had (could be fresh legs, though).

Toney has been shite since coming back, though. I'd absolutely put DCL ahead of him on current form.
Bluedylan1

His finishing isn't good enough for international level, but he's a very good player still and I'd like to see him stay here and continue to do well for us.
Dchans

What’s the thoughts on whether he’ll extend his contract with us??? Into the last year now
777Kidnappings

superpull wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 4:55 pm He really needs to have somebody in the side doing all the work for him that he's doing now for other people.
Completely disagree. All that work is what he's great at. He's a brilliant target man when he's in form.
AjaxAndy

Dchans wrote: Sat May 11, 2024 7:12 pm What’s the thoughts on whether he’ll extend his contract with us??? Into the last year now
He'll sign if we offer, and we'd be crazy not to.

He's going to struggle to get regular footy elsewhere as no top team will sign him as first choice, so he'd be leaving for a team not much better than us at best.

If he'd be happy as a bench warmer then I could see a decent team taking him as backup on a free, but I'm sure that's not what he'd be interested in.

Only concern I have other than if we can afford to offer him a new deal is that he's working the channels so much during games and he might prefer to play for a team that provides chances for him... However Dyche has majorly looked after him and helped him regain a level of fitness that's required to play regularly, so think this would offset any issues there.
Gary1878

Watkins has had a fantastic season and should rightfully be the deputy to Kane. 19 goals and 12 assists is a ridiculous tally.

You would also argue Solanke at 19 PL goals this year would be ahead of Dom but we know that Southgate picks his favourites and doesn’t change things around too much.

It will come a little too late for DCL I think but if he showed this form earlier on in the season, then he would have been right in with a shout.

Just great to see him playing how we like to see an Everton number 9 play and long may it continue.
TheRam

Watkins would be poor at the higher end of international football I feel.

You need you tall guy, holding it up, bringing others into play, winning fouls. He’s the closest thing we have to kane so it would be like for like in a way.
Dchans

How many of us would swap him for solankie?

Straight swap.

Think I would
Post Reply Previous topicNext topic